Dominion Fertility is proud to have produced the first Natural Cycle IVF pregnancies in the Washington, D.C area in 2007, and we are the largest NC IVF program in the United States.
We perform NCIVF on any patient who has regular menstrual cycles regardless of their age, status of their ovarian reserve or a history of previous stimulated IVF failures. Our data shows that the outcome for NCIVF is independent of ovarian reserve. In other words, patients with an elevated FSH or a low AMH have the same chances for success as those patients with normal ovarian reserve. We have a 41 year old patient whose serum FSH was 42 successfully conceive and deliver a healthy baby. Many patients have been successful who have an AMH level less than 0.5.
About 50% of started NCIVF cycles result in an embryo transfer. Pregnancy rates per transfer should be particularly noted. Most of our patients who achieved pregnancy did so within their first or second embryo transfers. You can find more detailed information concerning our success by going to pubmed.com and reviewing our 2014 published paper in IVF Lite by DiMattina et al.
IVF clinics report their success rates to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and SART (Society for Assisted Reproductive Technologies). These tables are then published and available online to the public.
SART combines stimulated IVF and natural cycle IVF but we feel they are very different procedures thus we have separated the success rates.
There are a lot of categories and numbers presented to be able to stratify pregnancy rates by age and the various steps of the IVF process. However these numbers do not tell the whole story, as there are different patient groups with different inherent success rates that are not all separated out. So, if you have a specific question as to how they apply to you, please ask!
Limitations of NCIVF
- Cycle Cancellation – Occurs in about 10% of patients because of premature ovulation or LH surging (a sudden change in hormones) that would require us not to proceed with egg retrieval. If such an event occurs, we will perform an intrauterine insemination (IUI) if at least one fallopian tube is open.
- Failure to retrieve the egg – Occurs in less than 10% of patients.
- Failure to fertilize the egg – Occurs in less than 10% of patients. All eggs will be fertilized using ICSI unless a special circumstance exists.
- Overall, we would expect about half of our patients starting a treatment cycle to complete the treatment cycle and undergo an embryo transfer. Over the course of two to three treatments, we expect over 50% to achieve pregnancy.
Natural Cycle IVF Program Highlights
- Dominion Fertility is the Largest Natural cycle IVF (NCIVF) Center in the United States
- The “Truth” About Dominion Fertility’s Natural Cycle IVF (NCIVF) Program
- How do you become pregnant at 43 years old with poor ovarian reserve? Perhaps with NCIVF
- Successful 47-year-old patient delivers her own biological baby!
- Poor Ovarian Reserve in Young Infertile Patients May be Best Treated First Using Natural Cycle IVF
- 3 total visits to Dominion Fertility Results in New York Patient Pregnant in her first NCIVF Treatment: “Satellite” NCIVF